Pros of U-verse
- More HD channels than we could possibly need.
- Same price as awful, awful COX cable – and more channels
- DVR in every room in our house.
- If I were so inspired, I could connect a Flickr account with my TV and view photos on the big screen.
- All of our shameless technology on one monthly bill. Which reminds me that we should probably buy some stock in AT&T.
- Wireless internet (which we don't really need or use, but whatever)
- The ability to control the DVR from the internet (or my iPhone – because that's totally necessary)
- The opportunity to call COX cable tomorrow and say sayonara (I have spent WAY too many hours of my life on the phone with their "customer service" merely trying to get what we pay for every month)
Cons of U-verse
- We have a bajillion channels and we have to re-learn all of the channel numbers.
- No AMC (which is a bit of a hiccup because last night was the season finale of Breaking Bad)
- No Drug Court (this might be the worst. We've grown quite attached to this little show, and evidently, when AT&T says "you get all your local channels" they don't mean "including channels owned by COX"…)
- No clock. Our old cable box had a digital clock. The new one – no clock. After one day of the new cable, we realized just how much we relied on that clock.
- The Mute button on the remote doesn't work. Random.
The jury is out.